Monday, August 8, 2011

SUCCESS!!!!!

Team Nanny Nanny Boo-Boos completed the 2011 Hartford & Re/Max Results Breast Cancer Ride, a two day bicycle fundraising ride to benefit Susan G. Komen Minnesota Affiliate and Open Arms of Bloomington.

Me and my brother-in-law, Travis (love ya Trav!!)

I can't wait to share everything about the ride with you all and will do so yet this week. Darin was fabulous and took nearly 500 pictures! Not exactly the most flattering of attire, hence not the most flattering of pictures but hey - I don't care how much flub shows if it means I am healthy enough to ride my bicycle 115 miles!

And now I take it WAY easy for the next two days! After getting caught in the storm last Tuesday while training I developed a bit of a cold which brought on a fever shortly after we finished Day One of the ride. I was hoping I'd sweat it out during Day Two but darn the luck, it hung on. So, I'm off to the doc and then on to a 1 1/2 hour much deserved massage! ;)

****************************

"Henceforth I whimper no more,
postpone no more, need nothing......
Strong and content I travel the open road."
~ Walt Whitman




No comments:

Post a Comment