Monday, February 21, 2011

My Mission

The Hartford Breast Cancer Ride
August 6 & 7, 2011


After winning the battle against breast cancer not only once, but twice in my
short 33 years, I am determined to live my life to the fullest. Because of the
millions of donations to breast cancer research, I am alive. I survived when so
many did not. I am here in this world to make a difference; I have a mission.

On August 6 & 7, 2011, I will mount my bicycle, along with hundreds of other
riders and will start what I know will be an extremely emotional and physically
demanding journey. In a total of two days, I will ride my bicycle 125 miles. I will be
terrified, nervous and afraid to fail. I will be excited, unwavering and
determined to cross the finish line. I know this journey will not be any more difficult
than the two years that breast cancer affected every one of my family's days.

The Hartford Breast Cancer Ride has a minimum donation from each rider in
the amount of $750. Each year these donations make it possible for women like
me to live. These donations allow women like me to be at their children’s
graduations and weddings. These donations give women like me the chance
we need to believe, to know that we can fight this disease and we can win.

If you would like to support me and this mission, please mail your donations to
me at the address below. All donations are tax deductible. Checks should be
made payable to “Breast Cancer Ride”.

Visit my blog at http://www.survivorsmission.blogspot.com/ or my facebook page for
updates on my training and fundraising. You can also visit

$10 WILL make a difference!






Charity "CJ" Bartels
P.O. Box 425
Cambridge, MN 55008
763-244-3150
bartels2006@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment